Fall 2021 Submissions
This submission page has been built for our competitors to submit and participate in the 2021 Fall Competition. We will open the submission form once we have finalized this semester’s competition. If you are having any issues submitting your agent, please email (email@example.com).
Voluntary Test Script Submissions are due on Friday, November 26, 11:59PM (PST) Midnight
Competitors can submit a test script to Huo Chao Kuan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the ROAR team will provide one round of feedback
Competitors can adjust their script as necessary before the Final Competition
Mandatory Final Submissions are due on Friday, December 3, 11:59PM (PST) Midnight
Final Fall Competition will take place on Saturday, December 4
- For Fall 2021, we are going to use the Berkeley Minor Map
- For Fall 2020 Competition, we used the Easy Map
(Note: Please do not train or submit your Fall 2021 Competition entries using the Fall 2020 map. This link is only for benchmarking purposes to allow you to compare your new entries with past results)
Guidelines for S1 Series
We will provide information about the map
The static occupancy map
A single lap of the waypoint file of the track
Your vehicle HAS to start at spawn point #1 (by default)
Your vehicle MUST be able to run CONTINUOUSLY for 10 laps without external interference
Note that you are provided only ONE lap of waypoints, YOU must handle the regeneration of waypoint between lap 1 and lap 2
Collision Penalty: If your vehicle collides with the static environment with intensity more than 10000, it will be regarded as a major collision. In such event, your vehicle will be penalized by restarting from the beginning of the current lap. Depending on the location of the major collision, therefore, your vehicle will have to re-run the current lap.
Note: It is possible that an auto-pilot that encounters a few major collisions could complete the 10 laps with shorter total lap time than another that has zero major collision. It is the contestant’s own responsibility to consider the trade off between safety and aggressiveness of the algorithm strategy.
Your Vehicle MUST pass a rectangle box bounded in [5, -5, 0] , [13, 5, 50]
- All vehicles must complete the 10 laps including any collision penalty within 30 minutes. If a vehicle could not complete the 10 laps within 30 minutes, the code will be terminated and the result will be recorded as Did Not Finish (DNF)
Important: By participating in ROAR Competition and submitting your code, you give the ROAR Committee the permission to evaluate and publicly release your competition results on our website.
- Grand Prize: This is awarded to the team who achieves the fastest total lap time after the completion of 10 laps. Any penalty due to major collision events does not disqualify the team.
- Second-Place Prize: This is awarded to the team who achieves the second fastest total lap time after the completion of 10 laps. Any penalty due to major collision events does not disqualify the team.
- Third-Place Prize: This is awarded to the team who achieves the third fastest total lap time after the completion of 10 laps. Any penalty due to major collision events does not disqualify the team.
- Fastest Single Lap Time Award: This is awarded to the team who achieves the fastest single lap time, regardless whether the team DNF.
- Prime-Directive Award: This is awarded to the team who achieves the fastest total lap time after the completion of 10 laps and without encountering any major collision during the 10-lap competition.
How are we going to run your code:
We are going to run runner_competition_evaluator.py.
Video instruction for submission:
Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa6uimN1_s
- Please Zip the upper level ROAR folder.
- You may ONLY modify the code within the ROAR repo, NOT its submodules