We have opened up the ROAR Ambassador program for applications and applications will be due by October 31, 2022. We are putting our technical and financial support ($2000 per year) into your hands as an expert ROAR high school student who has successfully competed in the ROAR S1/S2 Racing Competition.
Essentially, you will create a ROAR student organization at your respective school with the goals of advancing autonomous driving research. The ROAR program will sponsor activities at partnering schools by organizing AI/Autonomous Driving seminars and ROAR AI Racing competitions. Additionally, we will support you with a ROAR faculty member and one Berkeley graduate student. Applications are now open and should be submitted directly here. The application package should include the following forms:
- A cover letter including the applicants’ names, their school, and contact information. Each application may be written by 1-3 applicants as a team.
- Applicants’ latest resumes. Please note that any successful applicant must have completed at least one ROAR AI Racing at the time of application.
- A detailed description of the ROAR Ambassador plan that aims to support their local school communities, including a financial budget.
- A letter of support from applicants’ school, discussing the applicants’ academic qualifications and how the school will assist in managing the ROAR Ambassador finance.
- Any additional information the applicants’ would like to disclose, including additional support letters from the school faculty or peers.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions and you can learn more at: roar.berkeley.edu/ambassador-program.
Ambassadors will be selected and announced on December 1, 2022.